The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Friday 20 January 2017

Donation Day

Over the past few years, I've been adding to my collection of items for babies. The problem is, I don't know enough babies to give these to. I have blankets, receiving blankets, crochet hats, and outfits. One day last week, it occurred to me, I should sort through my items and in order to reduce my inventory (make room for new), I would package up and donate several items to the Pregnancy Care Center in Calgary. This is the pile I ended up donating. 


When I arrived downtown, I ran into the Care Center - I wanted to be in and out. The receptionist was very welcoming, very excited to receive my items and offered to show me the room where they store their collections. They had quite a few items in store at the moment, but she told me how just a month ago, the shelves were almost bare. She explained the process by which they hand out the items, how they prepare gifts bags for new mom's, and provide even more support through counselling, classes and more items, depending on the level of need and commitment of the new mom's.

What a blessing! I will certainly be bringing more items in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment