The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Friday 24 February 2012

BOM

So I'm going to blame my friend Leanne. One day she said to me, "I'm doing the Block of the Month again. You should do it too." I asked, what is the Block of the Month?" Well.... in September I went into the quilt shop, paid my $15 and received my items for block #1. As a mennonite girl, $15 is too good a deal to pass up. Plus it gets better. Each month when I visit the quilt shop on the 15th with my completed block, I receive the next month's block for FREE! Every month! That is definitely too good of a deal to pass up. The rest is history...

As of today, I have just completed block #5. After 12 months, I will have 12 completed 12"x12" blocks.

Of course the BOM program only keeps be busy one day out of a month - two days if its a complex pattern. So that got me searching for more quilt patterns, quilt blocks, and other BOM programs.

I must say, there is something therapeutic about cutting fabric into bits and sewing them back together. I plan to post photos of each project so later I can look back and see which are favourites. Perhaps a few of you will journey together with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment