The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Saturday 16 November 2013

Shows and Sales

A while ago, it was posted that the communtiy was looking for a few volunteers to help organize the local Christmas Craft Fair. I thought, since I'm now retired from running the soccer club, surely I have time to help with this community event, so I joined. While I was attending meetings helping drum out the details I thought it would be a great idea if Amy and I rented a table to display our "crafts". Quilts for me and paintings for Amy. And so began a flurry of gathering items and getting them sale worthy for the big day. Last Saturday I loaded the car with quilts, paintings, and my wonderful friend and neighbour - partner in crime, Roberta. We headed the three blocks over to the community centre to set up our display.
You don't realize how much stuff you brought, until you lay it all out. Since you hope to sell a few items, you don't want your table to look too sparse right away. Amy did some demo sketching, and although it did not draw a huge crowd, there were a few people who came around to look at her stuff - and came back again... Most were not in the market for her level of work, but were very encouraging towards her.

At the end of the day, she did sell one sketch and I sold four quilts - one Christmas table set and three baby quilts with coordinating toques.

No comments:

Post a Comment