The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Soap Batch #3

I've discovered I really enjoy the soap making process. I've been spending tons of time on line researching the different oils and what their benefits are. I've researched which ones go well together. In my quest to finding something great for our dry Calgary weather I came across avocado oil. This is supposed to be very nourshing for the skin. So off I go finding a soap recipe using avocado oil.

Here's what I came up with.

240 grams avocado oil
180 grams coconut oil
180 grams lard
86 grams lye
228 grams water
Lemon grass EO
Few drops of yellow colour

I love the shape and the scent. The colour did not take very well, which is OK. Next time I would look to add some green pigment, either through mica or some other soap safe materials. More research required!

However, my favourite soap so far. I love the way it smells, and I love the way it laters while using and most of all, I love how it does not seem to dry out my hands. Definately a keeper recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment