The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Beer Soap

Yes, that's correct. I used beer in this soap recipe. The soap already has such a nice smooth texture, I can't wait to try it. Oh, and it does not smell like beer - not even a little bit.

I took the advice of fellow soapers and brought the temps cooler before I mixed my lye beer solution and oils. Then I placed the soap in the fridge to keep it cool avoiding the circle of gelling.

I like it...

Citrusy Beer Soap - 2 lb batch
  • 9.6 oz Coconut oil
  • 9.6 oz Canola oil
  • 5.76 oz Olive oil
  • 5.76 oz Shortening
  • 0.64 oz Castor oil
  • 0.64 oz steric acid
Additives included approx 1 tsp Poppy Seeds, approx 1/2 tsp Tumeric, approx 1/4 tsp Fuller's earth.
Essential oils used were grapefruit, sweet orange, lemon grass and peppermint.



No comments:

Post a Comment