The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood.

Saturday 7 January 2017

Sew and Sew

I also really enjoy sewing clothing... Sometimes its hard to find just the right fit when you're shopping, and sometimes its hard to justify the cost of an item if you can make it yourself.

One day, low and behold the uniform police were on patrol at the school our daughter attends. Believe it or not, tape measure in hand, our daughter was told her skort was a smidge too short.

Hummph... of all the uniform infractions at that school they choose to focus on skort length on my leggy daughter. Ok, ok... rules are rules. But this is Mama Bear...

First thing I did was wear an ankle length skirt to school the next day to show the VP we were ankle covering Mennonites and did not wish to be confused with immodest dress.

Then I got to work, purchased some navy twill and sewed my daughter a new, slightly longer skort.
Old Navy skort...


New Braun skort... I'd say its pretty close.

New one slightly longer - to my knowledge, no one has noticed its the "wrong" brand.

Here are a few other projects of late.






No comments:

Post a Comment